A delicious muffin that’s actually healthy? It really does exist thanks to Rita and her account @archi.foodie which shares the secrets to making delicious chocolate, orange and almond muffins.
The recipes of this art and cooking enthusiast, an architect by profession, are creative and have won over the entire marocMaroc team. Her Instagram page is packed with innovative and easy-to-make recipes. Her artistic side is immediately obvious in her sunny, original photos where she doesn’t hesitate to make an appearance alongside her culinary creations!
Check out her fabulous muffin recipe now!
Preparation time: 1 hour, Number of muffins: 7
Step 1: making the muffins
150g of organic wholemeal flour- 2 tbsp of almond flour- 25g of natural cacao powder- 50g of cane sugar- 1 + ½ tsp of baking powder- Pinch of salt.
200ml of warm Almond milk- 1 egg- 50g of melted organic butter- 2 tbsp of Olive oil- Zest of one orange- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice/ 1tsp Orange blossom water/ 3tbsp Organic Honey.
30g blanched almonds small pieces.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- In a Large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients in order, until everything is combined.
- In another bowl, whisk all the liquid ingredients together in order, until everything is combined.
- Add this liquid mixture to the first bowl and mix again.
- Add 30g of blanched almonds small pieces, and whisk the mixture again.
- Put in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake it for 25 mins.
Step 2: making the healthy mousse
3tbsp of smooth almond butter- 25g of cacao powder- 75ml of almond milk-3tbsp of honey.
- In a bowl, mix all the 4 ingredients together with an electric mixer, until it’s set.
- Put it in the fridge for about 30mins.
- Use a pipping bag to decorate your muffins.
NB : try to prepare the frosting recipe first as it needs time to set, so when the muffins are baked, your mousse will be ready to use.